Volodymyrska Gorka (formerly Mikhailovskaya) is an elevation above the right bank of the Dnieper, a park-monument of landscape gardening art of local importance, which was founded in the middle of the 19th century. The development and planning of the slopes began in the 1830s. In 1853, a monument to Vladimir the Great was erected on the western part of the mountain, thanks to which the hill began to be called Vladimirskaya. The same name was given to the park laid out on it.
The compositional center of the park is monument to Prince Vladimir, to which alleys of the middle terrace, stairs from the upper terrace and stairs from the Vladimir descent. In addition to the monument, there are smaller sculptures in the park, the creations of Kyiv masters of the 1980-1990s. In the 1970s and 1980s, city-wide flower exhibitions were held on Vladimirskaya Gorka.
The park was given the status of a park-monument of landscape art of local importance by the Decision of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR dated January 29, 1960 No. 105 with an area of 10.6 hectares. By the decision of the Kyiv City Council dated February 17, 1994 No. 14, the park area was increased by 6.3 hectares to 16.9 hectares. The park is located on the upper and middle terraces of Mikhailovskaya Gora. The upper part of this mountain was occupied by the buildings of the city of Izyaslav and Mikhailovsky Golden-Domed Monastery. Funicular is located in the northern part of the park, and the Ukrainian House is located in the southern part.
One of the two Kokorevsky pavilions is also located in Volodymyrska Gorka Park, and it offers a beautiful panoramic view of the left-bank Kyiv. Nearby there are such interesting places as a monument to the Magdeburg law, Kreshchaty Park (which leads to glass bridge), Andreevsky Spusk and St. Andrew’s Church, St. Sophia Cathedral.